carrigaholt registers

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

fonziepage

carrigaholt registers

Post by fonziepage » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:41 pm

I note that Paddy Waldron in a reply to Stuart on the Austin thread mentioned that he had found information for him on the Carrigaholt registers, are these accessable on the internet Paddy as my ancestors came from Doonaha and their marriages and baptisms would be found there. I note that you mentioned both Haugh and Fennell, both names are connected to my McGuire (Maguire) family.
many thanks for any help you can offer me.
Steve

Murray Ginnane

Re: Carrigaholt Marriage(1852-1878) and Baptism Registers

Post by Murray Ginnane » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:58 pm

In reply to Steve, and to anyone else interested in the combined Catholic Parish Marriage & Baptism Registers for this period (1852/3 to March 17th 1878), -- and covering the area from www.LoopHeadClare.com lighthouse north up the Atlantic Cliffs past Moveen, almost to Kilkee, --- east to www.Carrigaholt.net , -- and further northeast to Querrin and the Poulnasherry Estuary :--
I can email to anyone interested a draft version of my amateur transcription.
Two WORD.doc files at present, aout 700 pages and 3 or 4 MBytes total. There may even be a digital photo available for your entry of interest.

Contact me at : MURRAY@GINNANE.co.nz Simple look-ups can be done first, too.

I will try to get a polished and more presentable version hosted on the likes of www.ClareLibrary.ie ASAC -- it may take a few more months, though.

Unless anyone wants to host it somewhere, as is, in the meantime?

fonziepage

Re: carrigaholt registers

Post by fonziepage » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:58 pm

A big thank you to Paddy and Murray for the help offered, we are indeed lucky to be alive in the internet age. Murray I think if you can put the register on the library website it would be a great addition to a wonderful website