Patrick LYNCH of Kilrush

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

joanbirtles

Patrick LYNCH of Kilrush

Post by joanbirtles » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:12 pm

I am hoping someone may be able to help me find the wife of my ggg grandfather Patrick LYNCH of Kilrush please.
Patrick was born about 1800 Kilrush and had a son John in June 1827, however I've never been able to find the christian name let alone the maiden surname of John's mother. His HEIC army record in Madras, 1848-1852 [he purchased himself out of the army in 1852], his marriage in Madras in 1851 gave no mention of his mother's name and I cannot find a death for him in NSW, Australia where he died between 1859 and 1865 when his wife remarried, as a widow. John and his wife Paulina nee Thorpe, [my gg grandparents] an Indo Briton girl had a daughter Deborah Jane in 1852 and I have a feeling that Deborah may have been named after a Deborah Lynch b 1803 [to Michael Lynch & Bridget Moran], who married Patrick Dundon of The Glen, Kilrush and perhaps Jane may be after John's mother's name, but this is only supposition, an another thought that perhaps Deborah Lynch b 1803 was sister to Patrick Lynch b about 1800. I have no idea of siblings names of John b 1827 to Patrick Lynch.
John, Paulina and infant daughter Deborah Jane who was deaf and dumb emigrated to NSW, Australia on the William Prowse in Feb 1853 where John got into a lot of trouble with the law and was in and out of gaol up until his 2nd daughter Paulina's birth in 1859 where I did find another gaol record of a John Lynch but don't know whether it is my John, then he disappears.
Any help would be very very gratefully accepted... :) Kind regards, Joan in NSW, Australia