Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

smcarberry

Re: News items in states IL, CA, CT, IA, WI

Post by smcarberry » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:46 am

These were all Connecticut residents.

Sharon Carberry

He Refuses To Let Wallet Remain Lost
Pay-Per-View - Hartford Courant 28 Jun 1972
"He got kissed and hugged by Mrs. Catherine Kelleher, a friendly soul of 80 years who was born in County Clare, Ireland. And, did you know, Moylan's mother..."

MCNAMARA, MICHAEL A.
Pay-Per-View - Hartford Courant 27 Jun 2001
"...24, 1913 in Tulla, County Clare Ireland. He was the widower of Ruth (Monahan) McNamara. He was also predeceased by a daughter, Margaret Daly and a grandson..."

Pay-Per-View - Hartford Courant 5 Mar 2001
"James DRONEY, who was born in County Clare, Ireland, immigrated to the United States in 1947. The first home of the Irish American Home Society opened its..."

DRONEY, PATRICK JOSEPH
Hartford Courant Aug 2002
"[born]...1930 in Bellharbour, Ballyvaughan in County Clare, Ireland. He was raised in County Clare until the age of 18 by his late parents, James and Maryann..."

COONEY, MICHAEL J.
Pay-Per-View - Hartford Courant 9 Jan 2003
"He was born in Tulla, County Clare Ireland, October 3, 1919 son of the late Patrick and Mary Ann (Rodgers) Cooney. Michael worked at the First National..."

mhook

Re: News items in states IL - Michael Touhy obit 12 Dec 1880

Post by mhook » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:44 pm

smcarberry wrote:Here are the news items latest found for Clare-born in CA and IL.

Sharon Carberry

San Francisco Chronicle 28 May 1871
Deaths
In this city, May 26, Patrick CULLINNAN, a native of County Clare, Ireland, aged 36 years and 2 months. [New Orleans papers please copy.] Friends...invited to attend the funeral...Sunday...from his late residence, Gilbert street, between Brannan and Townsend.

Chicago Tribune 12 Dec 1880
Funeral of Michale TOUHY, formerly of Feckle, County Clare, Ireland (brother to P.L. Touhy, Rogers Park) on Thursday...from 208 Sherman st, to St. Mary's Catholic Church; thence...to Calvary [cemetery]. Minnesota, Wisconsin, New York, and Irish papers please copy.

[My note: the obituary of P.L. Touhy is online at a couple of places, easily reached by Googling; he was very prosperous although Touhy in Feakle was not so.]
Thanks for posting this Ms. Carberry -- maybe this will provide my breakthrough on my great-grandfather's family in Feakle -- my GGF was Patrick Leonard Touhy (son of Unknown Touhy and Miss Leonard of Feakle) and apparently he had at least a brother Michael above, and also a sister Bridget Touhy who married John Lyons. Pat, Mike & Bridget are all buried in Calvary cemetery, Evanston, Illinois. Here's a link to some outdated info I posted on P.L.: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... /Touhy.htm