Kate Lawlor and Patrick Cahill 1880s-1930s Co Clare

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

JPC

Kate Lawlor and Patrick Cahill 1880s-1930s Co Clare

Post by JPC » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for descendants of Kate Lawlor and Patrick Cahill. Kate Lawlor's family was from North Rineanna in Co. Clare. Her parents were Michael Lawlor, a farm worker, and Mary Power, a housekeeper. Kate was born in c.1895 and had 5 siblings: James, Mary, Bridget, Patrick and Anne.

Patrick Cahill was born in c.1888. I'm not sure which part of Co. Clare Patrick's family was from. But he'd moved to Bunratty (near Bunratty Castle) by the early 1900s.

In about 1915, Patrick and Kate moved to a cottage at Hill Road, near Grays Cross in Clonmoney (near Bunratty). They had 13 children, including my grandfather, John.

I've been able to get some information about Kate and Patrick from local parish registers, the Registry of BDM, Irish census records for 1901 and 1911 and from relatives during a trip to Co Clare. But I'd like to hear from any descendents of these families to see if they have additional material, particularly about Patrick Cahill.

I'd also like to leave some words of praise for the Library's website. After many years of family history research, it is still the most comprehensive, user-friendly website I have found for any subject. It brings together many scattered sources that would otherwise be difficult and time-consuming to locate and consult. The challenges of researching Irish family history are great, but the people who keep this website up and running are clearly equal to them. It is a great credit to Co Clare.

Thanks, JC.