News items for Ennis, central Clare, and undetermined places

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

longlocks

Re: News items for Ennis, central Clare, and undetermined pl

Post by longlocks » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:12 pm

Posted at: http://www.ourlibrary.ca/phpbb2/viewtop ... t=195#p402
Marriages

On the 24th inst., at Ballyvaughan Church, Richard BREW, Esq., Lieutenant H.M.'s 1st West India Regiment, eldest son of the late Rev. Richard Brew, rector of Tulla, to Rebecca GREENE, youngest daughter of the Rev. Hugh Brady HULSATT, rector of Rathborney, in the county of Clare.
Morning Chronicle (London) 30 Mar 1854
MUST BE A TYPO ON THE YEAR of that Newspaper! as this marriage notice also found published in Irish American Weekly (New York, NY); Sat 23 Apr 1859; Page 3 as follows:
MARRIED. In Ballyvaughan Church, Richard Brew, Esq., Lieutenant in Her Majsty's 1st West India Regiment, eldest son of the late Rev. Richard Brew, Rector of Tulla, to Rebecca Greene, youngest daughter of the Rev. Hugh Brady Hulcatt, Rector of Rathbourncy, county Clare.
Attachments
brew_richard_rebecca_greene_hulcatt_1859_marriage.jpg
Marriage notice of Lt. Richard Brew (son of Rev. Richard Brew, Rector of Tulla) and Rebecca Greene (daughter of Hugh Brady Hulcatt).
brew_richard_rebecca_greene_hulcatt_1859_marriage.jpg (165.42 KiB) Viewed 6231 times

smcarberry

Post by smcarberry » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:13 pm

It almost goes without saying, but any corrections are appreciated in the interests of accuracy, so necessary when dealing with newspapers (and a transcriber's eyesight which might be involved sometimes). That posting is old enough that I won't try getting back to the collection where I found the published notice. I can now assume that 1859 was the actual year; perhaps a descendant can confirm that someday.

S.C.

pwaldron

Post by pwaldron » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:17 pm