Thomas Brennan and Ann Egan

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

justine

Thomas Brennan and Ann Egan

Post by justine » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi, We are researching my husbands family tree and are looking for information on Thomas Brennan who was born about 1839 in County Clare Ireland. Ann Egan was also born in Clare County about 1857. They were married on the 05th July 1861 or 1863 (it is a little hard to decipher the writing. When they married Thomas was 30 years old and Ann Egan was 22 years old. Their son John Thomas Brenan DOB 25/04/1869 married my husbands G.Grandmother Mary Ellen Wright on 04th January 1917 in Innisfail Queensland Australia and their son John Thomas Brennan was born on the 24th January 1917. I would love some info on their families. We are also looking for information on another Thomas Brennan who was my husbands G.Grandfather. We have no information on this Brenan except that at the time my husbands Grandmother Opal was born on 24th March 1907 in Georgetown Queensland, Australia it says on her birth certificate that her father was Thomas Brenan, aged 57years, and born in Toowoomba Queensland. I don't know any other info unfortunately. Thanks Justine

pwaldron

Re: Thomas Brennan and Ann Egan

Post by pwaldron » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:17 am

Justine, you forgot to tell us where Thomas Brennan and Ann Egan were married! If it was in Ireland, you probably know the parish. If it was in Australia, you may have their parents' names, either from the marriage certificate, or from their death certificates. These missing pieces of the jigsaw are of crucial importance!

justine

Post by justine » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:07 am

Sorry. They were married in Clare County.

pwaldron

Post by pwaldron » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:21 am

Did they emigrate to Australia like their son or did they die in Ireland?

And what is the source of the marriage date and county?

justine

Post by justine » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:42 am

Hi, They emigrated to Australia, unsure of what year though. I got the details of their marraige off their son John Brennan birth certificate, he was born in Maryborough Queensland on the 25th April 1869. At the time of his birth he had two older siblings, Mary Ann who was 3, and Patrick who was 18months old. I have someone helping me at the Maryborough Historical Society, and she said Ann Egans parents are Patrick Egan and Onnah O'Gorman. She also has given me a death date for Ann as 19 July 1903 and that she died in Queensland. I have no other info on Thomas Brennan as yet. Thank you for your patience and help. Kind Regards Justine