Can someone fix the date on this web server?

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

pwaldron

Can someone fix the date on this web server?

Post by pwaldron » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:30 pm

Messages posted on Thursday September 30 appear to be dated Sunday September 26!!

pwaldron

Re: Can someone fix the date on this web server?

Post by pwaldron » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:02 am

Timekeeping on the web is not as good as timekeeping in rural Clare a hundred years ago. It seems that some time after I read Paddy Casey's last post on the latter subject at Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:52 am the clock on the web server at http://www.ourlibrary.ca was turned back by exactly four days. Almost 3 days later, it is still four days slow. Messages in active threads are presumably now displayed out of sequence - in order of apparent submission rather than in order of actual submission.

Clare Admin

Post by Clare Admin » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Apologies to all. We noticed a problem with the dates and rebooted the server earlier today. It doesn't seem to have fixed it so we'll have another go on Monday. We need to upgrade to a new version of the software at any rate. Clare Admin

Paddy Casey

Post by Paddy Casey » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:10 am

I'm so pleased to read this. I noticed that one of my postings had changed its date and assumed that it was yet another example of age-related memory failure on my part.

Paddy

M. McNamara

Post by M. McNamara » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:21 am

I tried to post on Thurs & Friday and kept getting a message saying you cannot post a message so soon after your last message - or words to that effect.

Clare Admin

Post by Clare Admin » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:20 am

Our colleagues in Nova Scotia have fixed the problem. The server was three days out of date, showing the 27th of September. Right time, wrong date. This has been corrected and now the forum is showing the right date and time. We are not sure what caused this to happen on the server, but we'll be keeping an eye on it. As for not being able to post, basically anyone posting would have been seen as posting three days in the future, and not allowed. But the date and time are right now. Clare Admin.