Genealogy search... Murray family

Genealogy, Archaeology, History, Heritage & Folklore

Moderators: Clare Support, Clare Past Mod

SMSgtMike

Genealogy search... Murray family

Post by SMSgtMike » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:12 am

Greetings from Magnolia, Delaware. My name is Michael Murray and I am working on the Murray family history. I have worked on this project through the Ancestry search system and am at a point where I cannot find much information on my Irish born ancestry. I have recently found a partial note that my grandfather Michael W Murray had written about his father..he states ..John Murray my father was born Dec 23rd 1848 in parish of Killaloe county clare, Ireland just a short distance from the river Shannon. I am not certain..but have found a possible year of death of 1910. His fathers name was Michael Murray and was born abt 1830. Through your Library ..Griffiths Valuation 1852/1855 Killaloe Parish and Griffiths Valuation 1855 "County Clare Surname Index..I have found the following on Michael Murray (Parish) Killaloe - a market town of p1079, (Union) Scarriff p-599 and (townland, town, st) of Craglea. I cannot find anything else and do not know if they are related....I will keep searching but I would respectfully ask for any assistance from you might be able to provide. If only a reference and or website..I will do the footwork...just need a little assistance. Thanking you I remain. SMSgtMurray, USAF, retired.

smcarberry

Re: Genealogy search... Murray family

Post by smcarberry » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:29 pm

I will provide some guidance in a private message, since my information includes a telephone number of a Murray in Craglea.

Sharon Carberry